LFT Home Testing Information – All year groups
Key Points for students:
- You will be given your testing pack on the first day you are in school if your parent has signed the consent form – Consent forms must be completed and submitted to the school by Wednesday 17th March
- You do not need to take the tests if you are not on site e.g. Easter holidays
- Test on the day you receive your pack and then every Wednesday evening and Sunday evening after the first test
- Please read the associated documents on this page
- You also need to report your result to the NHS via www.gov.uk/report-covid19-result or report by telephone 119 (page 15) (The school postcode is LL13 9ET)
- Dispose of the test as per the instructions
- If you test positive with the LFT test, book a PCR test at the test centre and call or email our School Attendance Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 01978 340947 (Try to get the test within 24 hours of taking the LFT). All of your household must self-isolate at this point until a negative PCR test has been received.
Note: Those who have previously tested positive for COVID-19 should not test with either PCR or rapid lateral flow testing for 90 days unless they become symptomatic. After 90 days, students should continue testing with PCR or rapid lateral flow tests.
- These tests are only for student use, not family or friends
- If you are symptomatic follow existing guidance (do not use the LFT)
If you decide to participate in LFT please complete the consent to participate form below by Wednesday 17th March, at the latest. Kits will not be assigned to students without Parental consent.
Consent form for Key Stage 3: Lateral Flow Device Testing Consent Form
Note: If you decide that you do not wish your child to participate then there is no further action required.
Email: email@example.com if you have any further questions