Welcome to the Governors section of our school website. We thought you might like to know a little bit about us, our role and responsibilities. Ysgol Rhosnesni Governing Body, together with the Headteacher, staff and Local Authority is responsible for the school. The Governing Body holds 3 mandatory meetings per year for the whole Governing Body to meet and there are also regular sub-committee meetings held to discuss more specialised areas that are a priority for our school. All Governors receive Mandatory training for their role and there is also the opportunity for training in more specialised areas relating to the school.
The Governing Body:
- Must hold the school to account for the standards it achieves.
- It must ensure that all resources, including the school budget and staff, are properly used to meet the needs of all students and provide value for money.
- It works to both support and challenge the school.
- The Governing Body appoints the Headteacher and delegates the responsibility for the day to day running of the school to the Headteacher.
- Individual Governors have no power as such and cannot act or speak on behalf of the Governing Body unless power has been delegated to.
What qualifications are needed?
No formal qualifications are required to be a Governor, just a desire to put experience and life skills to good use to work together with the school to challenge and improve our standards.
At Ysgol Rhosnesni our Governors have a wide range of experience in many different areas and very importantly, each Governor has an interest in education and a belief in working together to improve the outcomes for our students. All Governors are committed to attending meetings regularly and contributing to our school ethos.
Who are the Governors?
The Governing Body is made up of groups who represent the ‘stakeholders’ of the school. This range of people on our Governing Body is intended to provide a broad and balanced selection of viewpoints and to represent each sector of the school’s society. Each term of office is four years and Governor’s can be re-elected for further terms.
If you wish to contact a member of the Governing Body please contact the Clerk to the Governor’s in the first instance
Please see below for our current Governing Body membership:
- Mrs S Barnes
- Mrs E Doherty
- Mrs R Roberts
- Mrs N Porter
- Mr P Dodd (Vice Chair)
- Mrs A Evans
- Mr P D Jones (Chair)
- Cllr M King
- Mr A Jones
- Mrs R Maddocks
- Mr G Monks
- Mr J Owen
- Mrs J Moss
- Mr J Davies
- Mrs R Harding
- Mrs H Catton
- Mr C Whitney-Lang
Non-Teaching Staff Governor
- Mr A Brant
Clerk to Governors
- Please email – firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01978 295481
We currently have 1 x vacancies for a Community Governor, please contact the Clerk if you are interested in applying for one of these roles.