In studying MAP SKILLS & ATLAS SKILLS your child has been taught to:
- Use an extended geographical vocabulary to explain patterns and relationships
- Use maps and plans at a variety of scales as well as globes and atlases
In studying SETTLEMENTS your child has been taught to:
- Identify reasons for the location, growth and function of different settlements
In studying Wales your child has been taught to :
- Appreciate where Wales is in relation to other places, it’s population, jobs, tourism and development.
Managing Environments, Crime, Hazards
In studying Managing Environments your child has been taught to:-
- recognise the importance of protecting our World.
In studying Crime your child has been taught to:-
- describe and explain where crimes occur, and the links between social indicators and crime.
In studying Hazards your child has been taught to:-
- investigate where earthquakes occur, and their impact upon us.
In year 9 pupils are encouraged to write more extensively in Geography, drawing on the skills acquired in years 7 and 8. The topics covered so far this year are population and development. Pupils complete a number of levelled assessed tasks and are encouraged to give views and opinions. Mid-year the pupils will study the GCSE module about globalisation.